Exhibitions & Events

REECENT EVENTS
SELECTED PAST EXHIBITIONS

November 15, 2018

Forgetting Remembering

We were pleased to present Forgetting Remembering, an exhibition of fine art prints and artists’ books by Czech and Slovak artists who explore the notion of memory, perception and reality. The exhibition, curated by Katerina Kyselica, featured contemporary fine art prints and artists’ books by fourteen Czech and Slovak artists, both renowned and emerging, who employ in their artistic practice printmaking and work with both traditional and digital methods of printing. Viewers were invited to reflect through more than twenty artworks on the labyrinthine nature of human mind, explore the perception of reality, trauma and family memories, or simply indulge into imagery that showcases a masterful command of the medium. 

>> view photographs from installation of the exhibition

 

The exhibiting artists included:

Eva Hnatova, Dusan Kallay, Dagmar Mavrevova, Jan Mericka, Dalibor Smutny, Kamila Stanclova and Lenka Vilhelmova. The show is accompanied by a set of artists’ books, including works by Katarina Cakova, Anna Niklova, Andrea Pezman, Miloslav Polcar, Martin Raudensky, Zuzana Sebelova and Kristyna Smrckova.

 

Katerina Kyselica is an independent curator and lecturer. She received a BFA from VCU School of the Arts in Virginia and a Master’s Degree from Charles University in Prague. She organized and curated the Celebrating Print Exhibition(New York City, 2013–2015), a series of surveys of contemporary prints from Central and Eastern Europe. Kyselica’s articles on art, printmaking and design have appeared in Czechdesign.cz, Design Magazin, MF DNES, Celebrating Print and the Journal of the Print World. 

 

Forgetting Remembering was presented at BBLA Gallery located at Bohemian National Hall in Manhattan. The exhibition was organized by Consulate General of the Czech Republic in New York and Consulate General of Slovakia in New York.

Please reload

SELECTED PAST FAIRS & EVENTS

THE 18TH ANNUAL BOSTON PRINT FAIR

> April 6-9, 2017, Boston

 

1/4

THE 2016 NEW YORK SATELLITE PRINT FAIR

> November 4-6, 2016, New York City

 

1/2

PECHA KUCHA NIGHT OSTRAVA

> a presentation of Celebrating Print Magazine

> July 16, 2016, Ostrava, Czech Republic

1/4

BOOK & TRADE FAIR, COLLEGE ART ASSOCIATION 2016 CONFERENCE

> February 4 - 6, 2016, Washington D.C.

1/2

FORGETTING REMEMBERING

> curated by Katerina Kyselica

> organized by Consulate General of the Czech Republic in New York and Consulate General of Slovakia in New York

> the exhibition featured contemporary fine art prints and artists’ books by fourteen Czech and Slovak artists, both renowned and emerging, who employ in their artistic practice printmaking and work with both traditional and digital methods of printing. Viewers were invited to reflect through more than twenty artworks on the labyrinthine nature of human mind, explore the perception of reality, trauma and family memories, or simply indulge into imagery that showcases a masterful command of the medium. 

> The exhibiting artists included: Eva Hnatova, Dusan Kallay, Dagmar Mavrevova, Jan Mericka, Dalibor Smutny, Kamila Stanclova and Lenka Vilhelmova. The show is accompanied by a set of artists’ books, including works by Katarina Cakova, Anna Niklova, Andrea Pezman, Miloslav Polcar, Martin Raudensky, Zuzana Sebelova and Kristyna Smrckova.

> view photographs from the exhibition

ETCHING OUT DREAMS: CONTEMPORARY SLOVAK PRINTS BY DUSAN KALLAY, KAMILA STANCLOVA, AND KATARINA VAVROVA

> curated by Emily O'Leary

> in collaboration with the Derfner Judaica Museum + The Art Collection at Hebrew Home in Riverdale, New York

The graphic arts have long played a pivotal role in the history of Slovak art, before, during and after the Communist era. Key characteristics of modern Slovak art include figuration, narrative, the influence of Surrealism and an underlying sense of fantasy alongside an incisive, subtle social critique.”   -- curator Emily O'Leary                > July 27 - October 23, 2016, Derfner Judaica Museum + The Art Collection at Hebrew Home in Riverdale, New York

> view photographs from the exhibition

KATERINA KYSELICA: QUIETLY, IN MY MIND

> the second solo exhibition of Katerina Kyselica's works on paper (etchings, collages and objects)

> April 4 - May 4, 2016, BBLA Gallery, New York City

> view photographs from the exhibition

CELEBRATING PRINT 2015 EXHIBITION

> the second juried exhibition of prints by artists of Central and Eastern European backgrounds

> December 7, 2015 - January 13, 2016, BBLA Gallery, New York City

> view photographs from the exhibition

 

KALLAY, SMUTNY, STANCLOVA, VAVROVA

December 7 - January 13

> December 7, 2015 - January 13, 2016, BBLA Gallery, New York City

CELEBRATING PRINT 2014 EXHIBITION

> the first juried exhibition of prints by artists of Czech and Slovak backgrounds

> December 8, 2014 - January 15, 2015, BBLA Gallery, New York City

> view photographs from the exhibition

 

CELEBRATING PRINT 2013: Masters of Czech and Slovak Printmaking

> the first annual presentation of Czech and Slovak fine art prints

> December 10, 2013 - January 15, 2014, BBLA Gallery, New York City

 

IGOR AND JULIA PIACKA

> prints and paintings

> April 2014, BBLA Gallery, New York City

 

SPIRITUAL DIMENSION IN CZECH PRINTMAKING

> a traveling group exhibition: works of 13 artists members of the Hollar Association of Czech Printmakers in Prague

> March 3 - 31, 2013, Manhattan Graphics Center, New York City

> November 16, 2013 - February 9, 2014, National Czech & Slovak Museum & LIbrary, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

> view exhibition website

 

PAPER VIEW 2012

> a fundraiser with group exhibition of almost 200 fine art prints, with works of 6 Czech artists

> April, 2012. Bohemian National Hall, New York City

> view photographs from the fundraiser

>  view photographs from installation of the exhibition

P: 212.744.0841 / info@kadsny.com / All Rights Reserved© 2013-2019 KADS New York

  • OUR INSTAGRAM
  • OUR FACEBOOK
  • OUR TWITTER
  • KADS New York on LinkedIn